This DIY 2×72 belt grinder tension and tracking assembly can take the hassle out of one of the hardest parts to fabricate on a do-it-yourself belt grinder project. Simply fabricate a rigid mount in the desired location, bolt on unit and your done!
- Cam over tension assembly makes it easy to release tension for easy belt changes
- 40 pound gas strut to provide tension
- 1:1 ratio between the gas strut and tracking wheel (40lb gas strut = 40lb on belt)
- 4″ diameter 2.5″ wide aluminum tracking wheel
- Ball bearings for the tracking arm and cam lever make it very rigid and smooth to operate
- Distance from tracking wheel center to inside of tension tower is 2.375″ and 3.125″ from wheel center to back of tower
- 3/8″ (0.375″) diameter mounting holes with 2″ center to center distance